Dr. Alexey Khaliulin
Dr. Alexey Khaliulin, Senior Scientist
His research interests include marine information systems and technologies, database management, software engineering, data-based oceanographical information systems, oceanography of the Black Sea, and climatic variability of marine environment. Dr. Khaliulin has been the scientific leader for a number of national projects including "Creation of national system for compiling, transfer, storage, analysis and dissemination of oceanographic data and information"; "Creation of Computer Marine Atlas of the Black Sea" and other projects of the programmes realized by the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine. He has also took part in some international projects and programs such as IOC International Oceanographic Data and Information Exchange (IODE); IOC Global Oceanographic Data Archaeology and Rescue Project (GODAR); MEDAR/MEDATLAS II Project; Project "Sea-search". During recent years the MHI scientific team did preliminary work on the creation of a unique and comprehensive database of temperature and salinity measurements in the Black Sea and of a digital atlas of the hydrophysical fields that describe climatic variability in the Black Sea Basin. This work was done within the framework of two scientific projects of the National Ukrainian Program of research and management of Azov-Black Sea Basin resources.
1. Eremeev V.N., Suvorov A.M., Godin E.A., Khaliulin A.Kh. et al. Hydrochemistry and dynamics of H2S zone in the Black Sea // UNESCO.- Paris(France).- 1996. - 150p.
2. Eremeev V. N., Suvorov A. M., Khaliulin A. Kh., and Godin E. A., "A Relationship between Location of the Specific Isopicnic Layer and the Upper Boundary of the H2S-zone in the Black Sea from Multiannual Data," Okeanologija 36(2), 235-240, 1996, (in Russian).
3. SuvorovA.M., Eremeev V.N., Khaliulin A.Kh, Godin E.A. Oceanographic Data Development for Anoxic zone boundary in the Black Sea // Intagrated Approach to Enviromental Data Management Systems. - Dordrecht(Netherlands) - 1996. - P. 487-494.
4. Suvorov A. M., Khaliulin A. K., and Godin E. A., "Developing the use of advanced technology for data analysis and the implication of these developments on Black Sea studies," in Summary of Proceedings, Ocean Data Symposium. Ireland, Dublin 15-18 October 1997.
5. Suvorov A. M., Khaliulin A. Kh., Godin E. A. "Long term variability of the Upper Boundary of the H2S-zone in the Black Sea ", "Marine Hydrophisical Journal" 2, 62-70, 1999, (in Russian).
6. Suvorov A. M., Konovalov C. K., Eremeev V. N., Khaliulin A. Kh., and Godin E. A., "Climatic and Antropogenic Variations in the Sulfide Distribution in the Black Sea," Aquatic Geochemistry 5, 13-27, 1999.
7. Suvorov A.M., Khaliulin A. Kh , Godin E.A. Estimation of long-term variability of oceanographic parameters of the Black Sea. Proc. EU/IOC MEDAR/MEDATLAS II Final Workshop, IOC Workshop Report No. 182, UNESCO, p.75, 2002.
8. Belokopytov V.N., Khaliulin A.Kh., Godin E.A., Konovalov S.K. et al. Information products to study environmental threats dangerous phenomena in the Black, Azov and Caspian seas. Inegration of Information for Environmental Security. P. 91-104. Springer, 2008.